NERVE TACKER (CH-14; "HE, WHO WAS A CHILDHOOD FOE, IS BACK")

NERVE TACKER AND THE CHALICE OF DEMEANOURS

CHAPTER-14
"HE, WHO WAS A CHILDHOOD FOE, IS BACK"


"Rajeev!", Ramesh screamed.
"What? Childhood Foe?", Harry asked as if he knew everything.
"Yeah! He is! It's the second time, I have got a letter before anything went bad... The question is, how he knows about my weapons. That's a secret."
"You're wrong. A secret is considered a secret when it's till you. But now it's open."
"It means..."
"Yeah, It means It was me who opened all your secrets! Happy birthday"
"Why? I got rid of him after a lot of HARD-WORK! Then?", said Ramesh in a hostile method.
"You wanted to be selected for the demeanour of Hard-Work? The test paper is in front of you! I would see the way you solve it and even give extra marks for handwriting."
"This is a plan?", said Ramesh calmly.
"Yeah! The man you got rid of after a lot of Hard-Work is all ready to defeat you but you don't have any plan. He would have a full iron body and your alone iron hand."
"He has a Transmission Electron Microscope?"
"No! He has the serum. He has those unidentified cells. I was away to make that by the method you told. And gave him all of 'em. It's on him, how he uses it!"
"So! This is to test me?"
"You got it right, boy! Best of Luck."
"Don't need to wish me 'Best Of Luck'. 'Cause I don' believe in it. My life never supported luck neither my luck supported my life. You need to say 'All the Best'."
"All the best, HARD-WORKER."

So, Rajeev is back. He was stronger than before. He was all ready to fight Ramesh. What did Leader London want now? Ramesh defeated the strongest man in the world and what Leader London needed more to elect him? The answer is much simpler than the question. Harry had a perception that everyone is not brilliant at everything. So, he thought that destiny wanted Ramesh to win. He did not want to contest destiny. Because it was about the prevention of Earth’s Demise. On the other side of his brain, he thought that Ramesh had only a hand that defeated him but Harry led the fight overall. So, he thought that Ramesh should prove himself one more time against his powers, that were much stronger than his. It was an impediment for our hero.

Ramesh was in dire straits after hearing that his mentor had informed his foe about his powers. Well, let's move on to the consequences.
The night when Harry and Peter left, Sapna’s mouth remained open. In fact, it did not close until Ramesh told her all the truth. After hearing him, she had mixed reactions. First, she was angry; Second, she was proud; Third, what’s next.
“What’s next?”, Sapna asked.
“What! Fight between me And Rajeev, once more. I want to save this world if the Leader of The United Kingdom is right.”
“Your life? If you die?”
“I won’t. Harry has promised me that he wouldn’t let me die.”
“Last time, when I stopped you, I was wrong but this time, it’s on you how you face your problems.”
“Thanks Mommy! I won’t let you down.”
“I know, you won’t let me.”, Sapna chuckled and indirectly, she allowed her son to fight his problems.

It was now the question of Ramesh's capability. If he was able to stop him, he's in the team lest he should have one way (out of the team). He thought and thought for hours but he didn't have much time. Eventually, he reached Rajeev's house and met his kith and kin who were in the dining room.

"Hey Everyone!", said Ramesh to his family members.
"See! Who's here?... The boy who is the mastermind of our stinking life.", said one of the elders.
"It's not like that. Rajeev deserved that punishment. Therefore, he is where he should be... I forgot to tell you that Rajeev is out now and I wanted to ask about him if he is here."
"You wanna send him behind the bars again?"
"Only if he does something wrong..."
"Let me inform you that he is not allowed to get inside through the doors of this house. Accordingly, he's not here", said that member while he took a sigh in between, "You better go out  otherwise we'll have to kick you out now."
"Don't get angry. I am moving. Well, thanks for the information."
At least, this was not the place to find Rajeev. Ramesh thought to give the answer through a letter. Where to? The destination was desolate. Let's take a look.

To Rajeev Deshpande
House no-141
(Room adjacent to the bathroom)
Sector-2, Dharavi
Pin Code-40017

Mr Deshpande, you did well. It's a commendable job by your side. You fought me two times, lost two times, still, you want to fight me. You don't know the edge I am standing on. You'll help me out to move towards the land. It's your destiny (I don't believe in it) that I'll make a hat-trick. Don't feel bad, it's just a note but this note can become a certainty for you. You might be thinking that how was I able to find you. Let that be a secret. And if you are a real, brave human, face me at Dussehra Maidan in New Mumbai, ere long. ALL THE BEST
Well, Sorry you need Luck.
Best Of Luck, Mr Deshpande

To a Janus-Faced
By- RAMESH BHATIA




It was a brave attempt by the boy and how he got his address was still a mystery. On that day, Peter was present with him in the same room. After an hour, Ramesh walked through the entrance of the gate with a face expressing confusion, pride and bravery. Inside Rajeev's house, he threw the letter through the back window, in the room that was adjoined to the bathroom. 
Next day, he left home with his arm covered. He reached the Dussehra Maidan (the ground where Leader London and Ramesh fought) and stood in the centre, like the previous time.
He called Harry to see his advanced victory dance.
"Welcome, sir! I hope you'll recruit me after this win.", said Ramesh bravely whereas his legs were shivering.
"Sure, man. If you lose, it's your life but if you win, it's the world's life."
"Judge me! See the way I solve this test and give extra-marks for handwriting, too."
"Dude! I need hundred and five marks from you!"
'You're waiting for hundred and five!", said Ramesh while he was talking in sarcasm, "I am ready for hundred and fifty!"
Abruptly, a vehicle horned near the gate and probably, it was Rajeev. 
"Listen! I would lurk myself behind that bush cause I think Rajeev's on his way.", said Harry.
Ramesh nodded while exposing his right hand by removing the cloth. 
From the front gate, Rajeev entered and started speaking.
"The boy, who made my family feel that I am malevolent, who made me a felon and who defeated me is here to die"
Ramesh took a relaxed sigh after seeing him and said, "It's your time, not mine. I still have years to live."
After listening to this Rajeev ran towards him in anger while saying, "It's on me, how hard I hit you."
Ramesh stood noiseless and tranquil while Rajeev was in front of his eyes. Distance would be even less than an inch.
-To Be Continued

Comments