THE SPIRITS (Ch-3; Still A Long Way)

The Spirits and The Devastating War

Chapter-3
Still A Long Way

After talking to himself, Oliver had murdered his conscience on the name of Harry. He was living with no choices left. On the other hand, Harry had made his way to the hermitage and met his friends who were deeply concerned about him and were very desperate. 
Ramesh was astounded to see him but what David assumed was unconventional. He had successfully conjectured that Harry had found a way to open portals. At the same time, Peter was in tears to see him. Harry fell on the table kept nearby. He dragged himself on his knees to the chair to have a seat. He cocked his legs over the chair and panted to bring his oxygen level at par the required number. 
Peter allowed Harry to rest and forbade anyone to question Harry. 
Harry took time to come back to his senses and said in anger, "We have botched up. This is bedlam. Mayhem. I have no words to describe .", said Harry.
"What????"
"Yeah, Oliver knows that I know the things that shouldn't be known from his perspective."
"Will you explain?? Please! We have been looking for you for more than two hours."
"These two hours were the worst of my life."
"We know. But what is more important is what you observed.", said Peter emotionally.
"Peter, I was missing you there. I consider you as my saviour who helps me to get rid of all those who pray for my bad. Well, in this situation I would need the Chalice of Demeanours to help me. Bring that chalice, please."
"Which One?"
"Concentration!!!"
David understood what was going to happen. Ramesh also did because he knew why was that chalice significant. Chalice of Demeanours is just a cup-like thing that lights up a magical spell in it. It is, as usual, the product of Mesoteph Mythology. It helps to gain something that is lost. 
Everyone knew its function but not the real intention for what it was demanded by Harry. Harry kept his friends in suspense and he was really stumbling up this situation. 

Harry kept the book of Mesoteph Mythology and the Portal Book, which he had stolen from Oliver, on the table. Meanwhile, Peter brought the Chalice of Concentration Demeanour from the portfolio they had brought. 
Ramesh saw the Mesoteph Mythology and understood that Harry was successful in his plan. Ramesh felt great and was relieved that Oliver did not have the book. He picked it up but then he was struck with the idea that he had lost his power of the sense of touch. But a current generated at the moment he picked the book up. Ramesh noticed that current. He observed something and went to the room inside the hermitage.
At the same moment, Harry enchanted that chalice to fire it up. He asked David to bring his photo and David was astounded. He knew that Harry was using the chalice to find the demeanours but he had no idea that Harry was nominating his name for the Concentration demeanour. 
"Sire, My photo?? I don't hope that I am that much worthy", said David.
"Your worthiness lies in the sentence you spoke just now. I am assured that you are the chosen one", said Harry calmly. 
"As you order. For me, you're my head"
David, on one call, brought his passport size photo from an Almirah. He had made it for some significant documents on Earth. 
Harry put the photo in the flame. It seemed as if the time was stopped, trees went sad and the sun had settled. But in a blink of an eye, all of this was changed. Harry had got the feeling of something that he had lost years ago. Nature celebrated this success. Harry had found his second demeanour but still, there were two left- Smartness and Observation.

"Don't tell me, Harry, that you know everyone in our team and those too whom we have never met. Did you find everyone?", Peter asked.
"Logically No but Basically Yes!", Harry replied.
"How'd you do this?"
"We are considered as criminals on Cygnus and there are posters that define me and my team as fugitives."
"You saw it yourself?"
"Yeah, I did. There was one poster that exclaimed that Earth is going to be attacked on 11 Kalum 205565. I don't know this exactly. But under this was our destiny. The main targets, on Earth, to attack were written there and I am sure they are the demeanours. The names included Ramesh and David. But there were some incremental names- Valencia Johnson and the other name wasn't clear. It was spelt as PET and the rest of the poster was trodden black."
"Oh, I see. Therefore, you made me your teammate.", David broke in.
"Yes. Well, I haven't seen Ramesh for ages. Where is he?"

Ramesh had brought his electron microscope with him to Germany and he wanted to study that current. 
He kept that hand under the microscope to study it but he was unable to. Cells are colourless and need stains to be seen. Therefore, he cut a small piece of skin from his palm. Stained it accordingly and kept it again under the microscope. 
This time it was not cells that Ramesh had injected in him. It was some other kind. He noticed that the cell on his finger conducted heat. The skin is an insulator and what Ramesh noticed was suspicious. This was problematic. Ramesh had understood that it was a result of the overdose of the injection that introduced self-replicating Satellite Cells in his body. Ramesh, not intentionally, was discovering reactions and products that had never been a part of the world. What feared Ramesh was the thought that these reactions would severely and gradually destroy his body. Ramesh kept his face on that palm and kept that hand on a table by the help of the upholding elbow. He looked at the sun outside through a window and thought of his father who was brutally murdered by his own friends. 
From then, Ramesh decided to study this cell for the sake of her mother who wanted her child to flourish.
The moment Ramesh decided this, Harry entered the room with David and Peter.
"Ramesh, Where have you been? I missed you a lot my 'hard-worker'.", said Harry.
"Sir, I was just wondering if you can give me some time."
"I, surely, will. But for what deed?"
"I want to study the cell that I injected in me. I think that was an overdose for an eighteen-year-old adult."
"Are there any side-effects?"
"Suspiciously, yes!!"
"You have a lot of time young man"
"Not much. We have six months left.", David broke the conversation.
"What?"
"11 Kalum in the Earthian months would be 1st of January. There are no more than six months."


-To Be Continued




Comments