The Spirits (Ch-6; Popularity is back again!)

The Spirits And The Devastating War

Chapter-6
Popularity is back again!

"Buckle up. The movie is going to begin", Harry continued, "If I say, I only just know that I don't know anything about myself. I woke up 5 years ago. I was gifted these powers and then I met Peter. We both solved Rogers Mystery. Then, I was entitled to the name of Leader London. The rest is all disclosed. But I only remember one word, Cygnus. Don't know what that means. I don't want to talk about this as this is still a mystery to me. Therefore, that day, I ran from the question away. Today, my main motive was only apologizing for my arrogance and setting up 'The Spirits'. I, again request the United Nation to hold a meeting in Sydney. Let's see if they respond. And the paraphrase for this long speech of mine, today, is very simple 'Let's do something different.' Long Live UK."
Harry was doing this from his home. This was a live interactive conference that was aired. The thinking, as people say, that technology doesn't bring emotions was proved wrong. Harry left a deep imprint on people. His every word was emotionalised and shown. The camera was darkened to show the significance of his talk. Everything was pre-planned by Peter and was executed beautifully. In this hour of the day, when there was a thin mist hanging across the golden sky and people were returning home after a drowsy day, Harry made them understand that the problem the world is going to face is not a piece of cake and has to be taken seriously. The office for the Spirits was that home where Harry landed after he had lost his memory.
That was renovated and the work was in progress. The next day, there were lakhs of postcards that were posted to be donated to the Spirits. The rest was online transactions. They had earned millions of dollars and euros and rupees and yens. The whole money was used in making the building for the Spirits. 
The same day, many letters were requesting for a job in the Spirits. Harry had literally changed the talks that people did in free time. Now, the whole world was simply following the Osborn leader and many went mad after him. 
He had completely changed the headlines of the media. The media that showed Leader London to be of some sorts of criminal had now changed its headlines. 
A newspaper, The Daily Communiqué, which showed 'Who is to be blamed? Public or its Leader?' after the conference had now changed to "Leader London Vindicated. Presents a brilliant idea to organize funds for 'The Spirits'. Let's do something different."
Harry had now accumulated all the support and was on the way to make his dream possible. He was now much familiar to the politics on Earth. He was too busy these days and had very less time for his team or better 'friends'. 
Therefore, he summoned Peter in front of that house which was going to be the next home for Spirits. Peter came at midnight when the hands of the clock were coincidental. 
"Whassamatter?", asked Peter while both of them were looking at the house.
"Nothing. Just to talk. To remember and of course, to talk freely. As days are passing, I am sticking myself in media and this fame is a fickle friend. This entourage tires me.", replied Harry.
"I understand. It's very astounding... that it's been 5 years. From the Mall Attack to Roger's case and whatnot."
"That reminds me of Rogers. My so-called 'unknown' brother. Well, I was wondering you'd ask me why didn't I tell the people the truth? Cygnus?"
"I know Harry that it would create conspiracies and you didn't want that. Right?"
"You're much smarter than I think. You're really the one I like to talk to.", while Harry looked at him and chuckled to show his friendship.
"I know. I do too"
"This place is my first memory. This boulevard and this house. I didn't tell you one thing bout this place..."
"And what is it", asked Peter.
"I found Mesoteph Mythology under the bed of this house. I think my father kept it for me but Mesoteph Mythology is not available on Cygnus. That creates the mystery but that doesn't matter."
"Yeah, it doesn't. Without that book, Chalice of Demeanours wouldn't have been possible."
"Hmmm... But the page that talks about Revilo Norbos and Hyra Robnors clearly shows it is us. Rearrange those words and you shall get Oliver Osborn and Harry Osborn respectively. Future predictions. The next page is written in Cygnian language and when I'd show it to David, he told that it's something related to time and rest he didn't understand."
"I see but does that matter?", Peter gave a puzzled look.
"I hope it doesn't... Well, do you have that letter? Your father's?"
"It remains with me...Always. I can never forget that suicide..."
The moment Peter spoke this sentence he saw a man running and coming in his direction. He was not well dressed. Shirt out of the pant and no formalities. He had golden hair and a long-pointed nose. He came, took some breaths and then gave his hand to Harry for a handshake. Harry hesitated while the man said, "Oh! Don't recognize me? Edwin... Edwin Hudson."
"Well, who?", Peter came forward.
"It happens when people reach a large stage, they forget smaller ones. Let me give hints. Tennis Elbow. Bullet in the neck. Peter to Rupert and Rupert to Peter. Remember now?"
"Oh Yes! I do, now", Harry said, "Peter, he is the one who took our interview for the Rogers' case. Remember?"
"I do"
"Sir, I wanted to meet you", Edwin continued, "It's been years. After Sir Peter was made the head of the Investigation Department, I was deduced and had to face a very dark hour. I had to leave the job and then joined the Daily Communiqué as a very small journalist."
"I am sorry if it was because of me."
"No! No!... Not like that. I wanted to know if I could get a job in The Spirits. I came at night so that I can make a line for the next day. But met you here."
"OOO! We've many jobs left. Who'd be better than you? After all, you owe us too. What if I ask you to select jobs for our company! Select people. Managing Director?", Peter chuckled, looked at his face and put his hands on his shoulder and gave him a lot of confidence, "The time's changed, isn't it?"
"Yes, sir but time does not change you friends. You're today too down to earth. People change but you don't."
Between all this, Harry thought of some humour and said in his mouth, "I am not a person."
"You said something?", asked Peter.
"Maybee...I...didn't", Harry said in the same ironical way. He was happy after a lot of days and today, he was gaining all those bad jokes he'd ever make. He was paralysed with a lot of stress which he always tried to take down. Standing for ourself when everyone goes against us is not an easy task but this was something Harry was perfectly welded in. Today, too, he met an old friend who had a great significance in his life. Had Edwin not given them the approval to solve Rogers' case, Harry would not have been Leader London.
After all these talks, three of them dived out of sight in the darkness that was glowing up with street lights and the trees that surrounded. The day was stressful but worth it too. 
The next day,  Harry had 'The Daily Communiqué' in his hand. The front page was lying down. His hands were shivering and had a fear that he didn't know what to do if the United Nations rejects him. He had no Plan-B and neither Peter did. He picked the paper, saw the headline and then just silently ran towards Peter who was busy with his team. He was teaching Ramesh and David some of the tricks they can do to increase mental stability during a battle or worse, a duel. Harry, speaking no words, just opened the door and ran towards him. Took a hold of Peter's shoulder and just jumped in HAPPINESS. 
"We made it. UN approved. We are heading to Sydney. August 22", said Harry while some tears fell from his brown eyes.
"So early. I thought it needed paperwork", questioned Peter.
"It does. But due to emergency, what the UN seems it to be, they have changed some of their rules for me, the alone superhero."
"I see. Well, dance-off bro! We've got our main problem solved."
"I am glad, too", Ramesh broke in the conversation.
"Solved the cell problem?"
"It's not really a problem. In fact, it might be an asset for me. I just need you and your blast. The temperature these cells conducted is literally amazing and your laser may not also match that temperature.", Ramesh said smartly and with a lot of happiness, "So, when the time comes, in the battle, I might save you all from blasts...laser blasts with my hand and skins."
"Really good asset! I suggest if we confirm it practically."
"We, surely, will", said Ramesh confidently, "This is one of the springs of hope we have... Any news about my mother? She was coming to London, right?"
"On the way. We'll be heading to Sydney tomorrow and she'd stay in a hotel. Her hostility is my responsibility.", exclaimed Peter.
"Really, guys! This is the best team I've ever got"

-To Be Continued

Comments