The Spirits (Ch-11; Face-Off)

The Spirits And The Devastating War

Chapter-11
Face-Off

"I know who is Maniac...It's Robert Brooke..."
"What arrant nonsense!", said Harry reedily.
"No...No Nonsense...Did you ever notice that irregular shaped sign that occurred every time you opened a portal... The sign that described danger..."
"Not Probably..."
"You're so gullible, Harry. I noticed that sign when you came back from Cygnus in the hermitage in Germany."
"Okay! Then how're you so sure that its Robert only?"
"Tell me one thing... Who is it that you suspect from Cygnus? He was the one who attacked us in the U.N. Meeting. I don't know how'd he know about our plans. But one thing I am sure of is that Robert plotted this so that we can come to Australia and do something silly so that he could get a chance to attack us. That sign doesn't mean something else. What I think would be better to leave this task and focus on demeanours."
"I don't want to run away like this."
"SO WHAT DO YOU WANT?", snubbed Peter, "I say give Valencia a chance like you did to Ramesh and that's it. That'll prove if she's eligible."
"I didn't like the tone, Peter.", Harry muffled, "I want to test Valencia practically. Her demeanour, if she has, is not based on her past like Ramesh. It's her present and how she uses it. I can't judge her like that. You're just blotting up this whole situation. If we don't help Australia, what will be our image in the whole politics we are playing."
"I don't know how on earth politics enter the whole circumstance."
"We aren't telling the whole world about my past. Lying all around the globe to regain power and popularity. Indeed, it's for the world's own good but as of now, it's just politics."
Peter murmured in his own and then said, "Yeah, sorry for the tone."
"It's okay, Peter. I know there's a lot of tension these days. It's good to express your anger... Feel free..."
"It's too good of you... What do we do next? Leave the children or try something else?"
"We're not running. See you tomorrow. Take some sleep. There's been a lot of interrogation today. We need to find an asset. We need to backfire Oliver and that's the only chance... I think you should read that paper. It helps you."
Peter flicked an envelope from his pocket and pulled out a sheaf of parched looking like paper from inside.
"This? This does not help me. It pains. It's my father's suicide note, Harry. You got to be kidding me..."
"Not intentionally. I felt it helps. You kept it in an envelope?"
"The paper shreds and the quality is disintegrating. Wanna keep it safe..."

That night both the friends were just not able to sleep in their own rooms. Both of them were thinking about some alternative. Harry, in rage, was indicting Oliver from the core of his heart. He wished if he could go and just tell him how he feels. He wanted to just start the war and care for nothing. This was extended a bit too long, as he felt. 
Full night, Harry only thought about those children. He was frustrating a lot and to his extremity. Wearing the most peculiar expression, Harry stood up from his bed. Sat for some time. He was thinking about something desperately. He went near the door knob and then thought not to open it. He had a plan to get their foot in the door but this time he thought that it was better not to consult Peter. He went to his wardrobe. Took out a suit for him and dressed up.
"Oh...My...God... This is ludicrous...", said Harry, not able to control his emotions and now stated wheezily, "SYDNUS...INCANTUM...SINGTEM...TRAVILIO." 
A portal opened and on second thoughts, he wanted to step back but he braced himself for a tidal wave of fury. He walked through. His body stretched and then contracted. The sign was inscribed on the floor. This time Harry noticed something different. A voice he was familiar to. It depicted Ralph..."My three beloved sons will be given the Crown Of Powers." And then the echoing voice stopped. Harry's brain was playing with him. Because he was not able to reach some part of his brain that concealed his past, that part, when disturbed, like in wormholes, portals and dreams, it came in front of him.
Due to intense pressure inside the portal, Harry had to close his eyes. In a matter of seconds, the portal had opened on the other side. It was a very big palace, a court. Each minister was on their seat, dressed beautifully. Some people in the middle of the court waiting to be executed. A king sitting at one of the extreme points that faced approximately north. It was day and some time mismanagement was there though the gravitational pulls were same.
The portal opened in the centre of the hall. Harry was facing the king. Two men of same faces in front of each other. Yes, Harry decided to meet Oliver. He was in Cygnus. The whole court stood up. It was so unexpected. Everyone giving Harry a stare and waiting for the king's order to grab him. 
"Well, well...", Harry, without any fear, commenced, "Oliver, you recognise I still have the bravery demeanour in me. It's a matter of fact that you all are astonished to see me. You visited me last time in Germany, I thought it would be last but your disparaged deeds disappoint me."
One minister in the court just stood and yelled, "Grab him, sire. He's here...He wants to submit himself to us."
"Not likely minister", Oliver began maliciously while he stood up from the gold-plated throne and came near to him accompanying his overconfident walk style, "He's our guest and my twin brother, too"
"This is the throne we're fighting for, brother.", Harry emphasized, "I am not here for a peace treaty Oliver. Leave those children now. They are nothing in our fight. Moreover, you're risking our exposure."
"You're no one to say that. You came here wearing a suit like something rubbish on Earth to face me...Such a pity...Well, you might've not told about Cygnus to anyone on Earth but Earth knows about our powers."
"You've detectives on Earth. You play very well, my brother... I believe one of them is MANIAC or I should say, Robert Brooke."
Oliver cunningly chuckled and smiled as if his plan worked. He responded again in the same tone, "Ohhh! You figured it out. I knew when you'll figure this out, you'll come straight to me for those starving children. Who doesn't want to meet his brother? Atleast not me. Let me say the truth now. They are hidden with the money in a house on Abercrombie Lane, Sydney."
"If you'd decided to tell me about them so early, why did you kidnap them with such a plan? My name in the money. Peter was right."
"Harry, this is something I am better at. It's so foolish of you to come here tonight and that's what I wanted. I knew you wouldn't consult Peter in anger. Now I can kill you very easily. You don't even match me. You would not be alive to go home and tell that the children are on that street."
"You gave me 6 years Oliver to retrieve myself.", continued Harry heroically even after listening to the death threat, "Now you would kill me brutally. What image will you play in the minds of people? They've already been protesting for democracy. Now, killing me will give rise to a series of revolutions."
"Ah! Politics! I think you've detectives, too."
"No, I don't. I have a team. David...Remember? They complete me and therefore are a part of my spirits and their spiritful nature unites them as THE SPIRITS."
"Sentiments? This is where you lose. Well, I think I shall leave you free today. I gave my word before the day I killed Rogers and will have to stand up for it. Go, you have almost four months left. You may find the Observation demeanour but where will you find Smartness? There're too many over-smart people on Earth."
"I'll do that Oliver. You just care for yourself. In 2019, the journey of 24 years will end and something different will happen this time. But if you lose, you'll die for good. You won't ask me for life as you left me so many times... Remember, it was your own will. But I should literally say, I didn't quite understand that plan about Maniac. It had no effect on me."
"It had. I wasted your time", Oliver took a sigh, "Distracted you. I met you and what more do you want to see? And if I lose, that I never will, but if that happens, you won't be able to become the king. And promise me whosoever wins, will have to kill the other in the end."
"Perspective! Accordingly, then, your death counts start, Oliver. Well, tell me where our father is? And even our mother? Don't you need Mesoteph Mythology now? You can steal it from me...Easily..."
"Mother's dead", Oliver felt no shame to say this, "Ralph is in dungeons. He deserved it. He went out of the law. Protested when I started ruling. Now, he's behind the bars. And I don't need that book to defeat you. It's just as simple for me...Earlier, I didn't think of it."
"That's overconfidence! Ralph's sun shall also rise and I would be the reason for it. Well, who are these? These under the chains in the middle of the court."
"They are waiting to be executed? Why you ask? Want to imagine your situation?"
"No...But to see your concerns about people. I don't think anyone waits to be executed even if one is aware of an afterlife. I don't think there is something like it..."
"Not exactly... Don't try to change the topic. You had your work done and now just leave. Don't forget this was an incursion and your plan was precarious."
"Yeah, this was a peaceful incursion. Execute them. If they were right, they'll live forever in the hearts and I am sorry I can't help it."
"Bravado! Boldness. Harry, don't try to impress me... If you want to join me, you're welcome and the war shall end. There will be no misery or any casualty around the globe."
"JOIN YOU?", Harry gained anger, "And kill many like these? That means to be of no use."
"How dare you talk like that to me in my own court", Oliver, too gained anger, "This is not a rapport, Harry. You wear emotions on sleeves. Why work for people when you are benefitted with their misery and that's all... And people call me bad."
"That's a brazen assurance. Let me leave. Meet you again.", Harry calmed himself.
Oliver's face was clutching in anger and he did a laser blast on those people. Their bodies blasted and that was a miserable scene. Harry, at that time, opened his portal and some of their blood fell on his face too.
It was very strange that Oliver left Harry for good and didn't harm him too. 
The moment Harry's portal opened in the room he left, the whole team was waiting for him sitting on chairs and beds. Their faces were beamed up with joy to find Harry safe. On the other hand, Peter was in anger and asserted rapidly as he saw Harry's face, "Where have you been, man? It's nine in the morning. Where did you go? And this blood on your face? Oh god, I am happy you're safe..." 
Peter went and hugged Harry tightly with his full force, "You remain so close to my heart, Harry. I just felt isolated today without you. The portal's sign made me realise that you opened one."
Meanwhile, the couple of friends were stuck together, David and Ramesh gave them support and went in arms with them.
"This is something unusual from my expectations.", beamed Harry.
"Stop you, idiot", Peter in tears, trying to show his full concerns and arrogantly asked, "Don't try to distract us. Tell us where've you been"
"Peter, you're such a bad actor. I know you feel concerned but don't try to show arrogance when you don't have it in yourself...", Harry took a sigh, "I know where the children and money are. They are in a house in Abercrombie Lane."
"Don't tell me, Harry, you went and met--"
"Yeah!... I went and met OLIVER"

-To Be Continued
(Abhinav Srivastava)



Comments

Post a Comment