The Loner Agent: Scaring The Fear Itself || Part-2

 The Loner Agent: 

Scaring The Fear Itself



I have no interest in reading this now. The diary gets grimmer and makes me sad. But you know, the second feeling says, “Just try out! Remembering the past is not always bad. And just keep on reading.”


I would probably listen to the second voice of my own conscience. After all, the task that was allotted to me to murder Olivia Jones and the mysterious death of A.Q. had driven me mad. I don’t what my mentality would have been at that time. I was in immense pressure and didn’t know what my next step would be but I handled all this situation deliberately, even considering the fact that I knew I was going to die in around 12 days. I had to surrender to defame ILP (Indian Leader Party). 


I started again- 


18th May 2000

I was scared. I was seeing the body of my best friend in front of me. Just a few floors below. I saw that man but not his face. I was peeping through the window. I was looking at the people and they were looking at me. I could see a man take out his phone but all that was hardly visible in the darkness. It was already 8 p.m. Probably he called the police. I could smell the whiff of the danger that I was going to face. 

I was just too sad. This added some more unwanted grief to my unwanted collection. The man who killed Farhan just left without giving any clue. I still thought that I knew him. His body language and his greasy hair were a bit predictable. But I got no evidence for this thinking. He just went on with a saying, “We-“, and after that, I could only hear a voice that chuckled and all that just vanished in the sound of silent grief that was unanimously spread all around. 

Everyone was just looking at me and it wasn’t astonishing. My arrival at this time gave a chance for the murderer to easily run away. It seemed that everyone wanted to approach me but they were controlling themselves or in other words, they were afraid of me. 


I sat on the coped wall and just waited for the next thing to take place. I have got into the swing of these things. In around half an hour, the police had approached the society and some people had gathered behind them. They told everything they saw and the police didn’t have a clear look at me, till then. I was just roaming around the house and they didn’t notice me. I was thinking about my family. They had just thrown me out. By that time, my eyes got stuck at one photo of Farhan and his brother. Yeah, I knew him. Very kind. I asked about him when he called me a few days ago and he seemed to have ignored that point. But wait a minute, I knew this man. Somebody I have known. My mind was mixing all the things and a line suddenly clicked my mind, “What did the murderer want?? Why Farhan?”

At a side of that room, I could see a dartboard with someone’s picture inscribed in it. A woman’s picture. For a minute I thought A Love Scandal? No! No! No! It can’t be. He must’ve told me. I was going near the board to see the picture as it was a bit unclear from a distance. 

An abrupt and bold voice stopped me from my back, “Wait a minute! You know what you’re being accused of”

I turned around and with a lit voice said, “Yes sir, I do! But I swear it wasn’t me!”

The policeman was shocked to see me! His face was clearly readable. He came near me with very scary footsteps in which he went cold. He whispered in my ear, “Don’t lie! We know who you are? And what task you’ve been allotted. We shall cut this case off here! And you focus, The Loner Agent!”

“The what?”, I said in the same voice, “And which task do you mean, Olivia Jones?”

The policeman looked around and said, “Yes!”

“Oh! You’ve been bribed by Supria”

“No!”, his voice went high while he controlled a bit later, “Our families are held captive! Our lives depend on you”

I didn’t know what to say! He just left me in the house. I was given the permission to stay here and the case of Farhan was most probably noted as a suicide. I can’t really imagine how far this politics can go! And today I am writing this diary sitting on the same coped wall. I have no idea what will happen tomorrow! Till then, Good Night, Diary!”

I was shocked to hear that name of Loner Agent that day. But it was a codename given to me and it suited well. Well, let’s turn the page around to 19th May 2000. Maybe the most mysterious page.

19th May 2000

I woke up early today. I was at my friend’s house as I promised but with a different motive. I cannot really imagine what is happening in my life. The policeman had cleared me out from all accuses but  I could notice people being afraid of me. That’s obvious. They had seen me with all the evidence whereas that murderer escaped. I got out of bed early. Till that time, I had totally forgotten about the darts and that woman’s photo. I saw a slip of paper near my door’s entrance. It was slipped by someone through the narrow passage between the door and the floor. I picked that up and that was the Electrical Bill of the last month. ‘Wait a minute? What?’. This was my sudden and reflex reaction.

First, didn’t people know that someone has died? And second, who gets the bill amidst the middle month. This didn’t really suit me well. Then, my eyes got stuck at the price at which the bill was sent. It was just a little more than 50 rupees. What? He didn’t use electricity at all? Where was he all the month? His ignorance and all… What was that? Then, the word ‘electric’ clicked my mind and I commemorated what had really happened last night. The bulb near the switch was broken. The wires were naked.

No, it can’t be. What more could I have thought? He was murdered brutally by electric currents? But why? No post mortems and the body was kept on the fire by the police-people itself. The case was being handled by someone.


I couldn’t have done more than I did today. I ran with the fastest movements I could make. I reached the nearest police station. The policeman was the same as I met yesterday. From the gate itself, I screamed at the top of my voice, “SIR!!!”


The office went ghost silent for a second and everyone was noticing me from their tilted eyes. I went to the Police-man. He stared at me but a moment later, he started ignoring me. I sat on the chair opposite to him and then I spoke at my lowest voice, “Sir, It wasn’t me yesterday”

The policeman ignored.

“You've got to believe me, sir. I am just as innocent as you”

“URGHH! You freak!”, he screamed. He grabbed everyone’s attention just like me and then lowering his voice he said, “A future murderer of Olivia Jones is innocent. You killed that innocent man yesterday. What the heck do you want?”

“Sir, I was an Army Personnel. I became a victim of intrigues. I am good at sniping and that’s why Supriya, the CM, planned this all up. I will just go to the Water Tank. Snipe and then surrender. I will be immediately punished and may be sentenced to death. But Why?”

“Make Up your stories! I am listening”, he taunted.

“It’s not a joke sir. My family, too, is at risk just like you”

“Your family reported you missing today. In the Noida Station! They aren’t captive’

“What?? I was told something different!”, It shocked me.

“Even if I even believe you, then I can just say, this system is not good and bad. Supriya wants the national political attention in the Lok Sabha and ILP wants to retain its power. Who’s crushed between them? People like us”

“I totally agree. And sir you got to believe me! I won’t say lie because I know my life will be hell if I kill Olivia Jones. Sir, I know I will be dead in the upcoming future and this irrational system will always be living! It’s on you whether to stand with the Future Dead or The Future Living!”

“Do whatever you want to do! We can just follow the orders!”


I left in my arrogance. The arrogance to take vengeance for a lie! For this situation! And for Farhan, of course! I bet my hands against the walls outside the police station. I don’t know why Farhan mattered in this situation and he became whose victim. No idea. The same time, my cellphone rang and I picked it up. It was Mr. Raj Mohan Rai on the other side, my trainer for the task allotted to me.

“Yes, please come to the decided location fast. We need to hurry for your practice. Arnav Ahuja, Supriya’s assistant is waiting for you on the ground!”, he said and cut the phone off.

I had no plans to take revenge but I was sure that I was not going to kill Olivia Jones. I hurried to my home to dress up but I noticed something peculiar.

My house door was open. And the lights were off while I could see a man sitting on the sofa comfortably and in style. He was sitting opposite to the rays of the bright sun and his face was skulked with shadows and when he got up, I was shocked to see that it was—


-To Be Continued

(Abhinav Srivastava)





Comments

  1. Left in suspense! Eagerly waiting for thisss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting for suspense to be revealed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really have a very good imagination and writing skills!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. INTERESTING.........Very very INTERESTING ........& Different Level Suspense......Now Waiting for the nXt

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment