The Bright Darkness || English Poem

The Bright Darkness

A Poem

In the depths of despair, we are heading to hell

The carrots are cooked and are beginning to smell


Up, the devil sits and giggles upon

To proceed the reason for his soul being born


This freaking humanity is back on the path of its own demise

The darkness of destruction is yet to arise


After thinking all this, all the stars that I gaze upon

I realize that they too are clinging to the rise of the fear-laden dawn

 

Everyone knows that night is needed for a star to shine

Darkness is needed for a rare crystal recently extracted from mine


In this beautiful and cruel world, all the paths that we trample upon

Are filled with darkness that help our fear to be totally torn


The cold fingers that trails on our backs

Forces us to get away from the life that mocks and whacks


Now should I say the hell and the devil I was talking about

Are nothing but the hate and the ego that are beginning to shout


Inspired from a star that glows in the dark

Orders me to change perspective and again embark


One blow of polish never make diamonds what they later become

It just marks the beginning of a legend from a scum


Such are humans and such are their deeds

They will keep moving, unknown of the path where it leads


Now, unlike a star, I won't flicker and twinkle later

Just will keep shining for the things that I want to cater


The objects that are in front of me and I generally ignore

Made me learn the lessons of perspectives I always wanted to implore


Now with a changed perspective, should I say,

Although that our works and our deeds are heading us to hell

Still, there are reasons to stare at the carrots that are cooked and are beginning to smell


English Poem

-ABhinav Srivastava

Comments

  1. This is so beautiful ❤️ left me in complete awe ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one! Carrots are always there to lighten it up.😁😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, carrots are always there, I seeπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

      Delete
  3. Very big lesson is hidden in the poem. Well, young poet you are electrifying. Excellent peice of work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You So muchπŸ˜‡... Stay Tuned for more posts

      Delete
  4. You Energetic & your Poem fantastic.......


    Clap For a Great Poetic πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice waiting for stories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will continue to write C.R.E.W. in JuneπŸ˜€

      Delete
  6. The theme of the poem is appreciable! It was really cool how you justified it throughout the poem. Also the line, "Darkness is needed for a rare crystal recently extracted from mine" represents an extraordinary optimistic thinking of ours. Great poetry!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading comments like yours motivate me to keep writing more. πŸ˜ƒ Thanks for reading with such interest! Means a lot to me!πŸ˜„

      Delete

Post a Comment