Ironclad Conviction || Poetry

Ironclad Conviction

(A mind full of dreams and convictions is the start of a new invention or a discovery of a masterpiece. Everyone starts with a reason and as time progresses, things become doable just like this poem which divides into several passages of time to explain the beauty of a mind full of dreams.)



The day I yearned

When the smilings would have turned

Seeing the insolent world and the cruelties they have burned

Left a fire in the soul with the emotions that were churned


Screamed through the pain

Devoted my mind and my brain

For something, to achieve and attain

Some of my own goals, my own arcane


I fantasized through fiction

Fought an addiction

To walk down a lane lubricated with friction

Just to hold in my heart some Ironclad Conviction


Always brings a smile to my face

Dreaming of a world of my phase

When you swore to it, to protect, endure and embrace

The world comes true with a gleam of its grace


As contrast as fire and ice

The certitude is tough but remains in my heart very concise

Maybe a solution looking for a problem, which I now devise

The walls must be broken with the belief in which I now suffice


Believing in fiction

Recovering from addiction 

To try to walk down the lane lubricated with friction

Just to hold in my heart some Ironclad Conviction


The grace of the diamond and the glimmer of gold

Will remind me of the thousand times the same thing I was told

Being hammered up even in the night and even in the cold

Just for a mere reason in my future to surpass the threshold


Keeping in mind, the wounds will be twice

The theft might be severe robbing me out of the price 

Still, the urges of the goal feel like some fresh tender ice

Can't think of stopping for even a moment or a trice


Now, I might even achieve the fiction

Win the addiction

To try to finish the lane lubricated with friction

Again, just to hold in my heart some Ironclad Conviction


-Abhinav Srivastava
(Enjoy Reading)
(For more such poems click here.)

Comments

  1. Johnny Vergheuse13 March 2022 at 10:50

    Wow Abhinav so goooooooood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn bro, this is on another level. Ngl your vocab and poetry skills are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed the poem a lot .I'm fascinated by your skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yashraj Shrivastava13 March 2022 at 11:10

    Really Mesmerising and really awesomee bro!!!! keep rocking :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton bro! Waiting for your poem too :))

      Delete
  5. loved it pls post as fast as possible

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your skills is the beauty of this poem...... really loved it ❤❤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment