The Beautiful Word || Poetry

The Beautiful Word


Sometimes we come across something we like so much and the impact of it remains momentarily. 

Maybe someday, I came across a word which, for a couple of seconds, had me thinking if this word depicted mine or your life..

Maybe? Those couple of seconds- 



Once the word is translated

Its real meaning is meaningless

Waiting at the mediocre twilight

The word was swifting away, but still waiting for me


The scene of iron falling

And the raindrops tapping

The scent of perfume and the essence of the word

Had me all the way in the mystery of it


The starry night and the twinkling word

The swirling world and its beautiful twirls

Conveying the dark and the light with its bearing might

It exists and will remain forever, its beauty in this cruel world


With wings like a bird, flying to a place to call home

Not independently, never it could

Dependent on others, and maybe others on it too

Reminds me of the gloomy day, the day on the road, with not me but my dependence crying


As the sun of the night and the darkness in the bright

Afar as the setting of the sun and its own rise

It holds its meaning, as not one but many

Again reminds me of my own nature, its difference between you and many


Works to wait and responsibilities on rope

Miracles to see and miracles to watch

Just to think how amazed I am

In this word like a dream, a dream of my life


Word, word and just a word, was it, perhaps?

Taking my breath and my hunger just to think and think again

They don't call me lunatic, do they?

Those who don't understand the beauty of who made and played with it


This explosive art which made me think the way I wouldn't

This much in not more than a couple of seconds I doubt

Its real meaning remains meaningless still

The metaphor carried my essence and my spirit away from me and away from you


This impression, forever and ever…..



-Abhinav Srivastava

(Enjoy Reading)

Comments

Post a Comment