NERVE TACKER (CH-15; THE CHALICE OF DEMEANOURS


NERVE TACKER AND THE CHALICE OF DEMEANOURS

CHAPTER-15
THE CHALICE OF DEMEANOURS

"It's on me, how hard I hit you.", said Rajeev.
He was in front of Ramesh's body and so near that even a screw cannot measure the distance between both of them.
Ramesh stood still and didn't move any of his parts. Neither hands nor legs. Nothing but he seemed like a sculpture. In a fraction of a second, Ramesh held his body in a way that he was startled. For many seconds, he defended by moving backwards. He didn't even have the spirit to at least defend him. On one punch of his, that he defended by his hand, unblocked a bunch of things from Ramesh's mind. Ramesh smartly chuckled.
Harry, who concealed behind a bush had a disgruntled face. He murmured, "Not him, too"
After a moment, Ramesh stopped retaining him and decided to attack. It would not be so easy for him. What he was fighting was a mass of iron. 
In a blink of an eye, Ramesh's muscular hand reacted swiftly and Rajeev was not even worthy enough to defend him and then, a brawny blow from Ramesh's side made him fall. His face was bleeding and vibrations of his punch had effected Rajeev's left side eardrum though he hit on the right side. No need to describe the status of the right side's eardrum.
"Kneeled? I didn't know that you'll do that so early. It's not even an hour.", said Ramesh.
"How did you do that?", Rajeev asked in shame.
"Ah, Don' need to tell you the reason... I don't even know why do you try to defeat me? You also know the result and I too."
"Stop! You fool.", said Harry who came out of the bush.
"Sir, you delivered me the right cells, no?"
"I did. I am astonished too. Well, well done, HARD-WORKER"
"Thank you, master", said Ramesh.
"Will you do some more hard-work to tell me how did you? That was improbable!"
"Well, I knew Rajeev's a fool. He might get his powers but he would not learn the basics of fighting."
"I hope that wasn't the reason for your victory."
"No, surely it was not. There's a story behind... Well, we should supply this man to the administration."
"At least tell me the reason, man", said Rajeev who was much eager than anyone else.
"You die in suspense", Harry ordered.
"You think I am a fool. You know Ramesh, this man supplied me the pack of serum. He is fooling you.", said Rajeev who tried to incite Ramesh.
"AHHHHHHHH... You incited me. I believed you, Harry, Sir."
"OH! Well, Ramesh, you're not a good artist.", said Harry.
"What?", Rajeev.
"Well, hand me a phone. I want to make a call, sir", said Ramesh.
"Take this piece, please"
"Let me dial 100"
"What's on 100, Ramesh?", said Harry.
"Police"
"No Don't..."
"There your place lies!"
In about 30 minutes, Police arrived at the garden. Caught Rajeev without any questions because they knew Rajeev must have done something as he was their long-lasting customer.
Ramesh took Harry and Peter to his home. Made some sorts of tea and coffee. Enjoyed. But there was still one part of Harry which wanted the answer of how did Ramesh beat Rajeev. 
This is astonishing because it was nearly impracticable to beat Rajeev but how did he make it.
"Ramesh, If you don't mind, may I question you?", Harry thought that it would be better to ask about the match directly instead of making words.
"Yeah! About today's fight?", added Ramesh.
"Yes!"
"Well, you should ask your friend about the same."
"Peter! Would you like to tell me something?"
"Yes! It would be a pleasure! I saw that you were going to Rajeev's house", Peter Cleared.
"Not Possible. You weren't with me that night!"
"Man, please. You were out for the whole night!", said Peter while he was trying to underestimate Harry, "While, going to the Hotel Room, I saw you with something in your hand and next day, Rajeev's letter cleared all my doubts and the news reached Ramesh."
"So, What did you do, Ramesh? It was Peter that did everything. Are you eligible?"
"Yes! Of course", said Ramesh, "I knew that Rajeev won't develop his body into iron. The cells found in that laboratory are limited and I was sure that you might have brought them from the same laboratory I did. I have the blood group of B negative that is very rare and it can receive blood from a donor of same blood group only."
"How does that matter here?"
"It matters a lot. Nerve and muscles cells present in the laboratory are of B negative and I was sure that Rajeev's blood cannot be the same. The cell formed was B negative. As a consequence, it did not affect Rajeev at all."
"Oh! Then why did he act like he had everything?"
"Overhyperness! Anger and Arrogance! It made him think that he is stronger than me!"
"Still, How can I say you're eligible? You defeated a person with no powers!
"I defeated a person with SUPERNATURAL POWERS! (Pointing to Harry). I defeated a person who is not from this planet. Is that not enough??"
"Still..."
"Please! Your thinking is not good. Destiny is nothing in front of HARD-WORK! It was my Hard-Work that defeated you not your Destiny."
"Young man, your thinking may be right! Maybe you are the one who is eligible but for what? It can be smartness too."
"I am not smart!"
"Why aren't you? You made something that no one did till now and others too!"
"Let me clear them. I made the cell accidentally. I was trying something else. The first point cleared."
"You used your mind in this case, too?"
"Yes, I did. But, It was an 'of course moment' for a man studying in college. Everyone has this knowledge. Another point is that at the national level exam, my rank was 88. There were 87 more students that are smarter than I am. I hope you need the extremity of these demeanours, don' you?"
"I do. So, I can contact the child who came first in these exams for the demeanour of smartness?"
"NO! These exams happen every year. Anyone comes first every year. How'll you find the smartest? It's not important that they are identified from exams. I hope smartness means the presence of mind in worse situations."
"He is right", Peter added.
"Peter, bring that Chalice. The Chalice of Hard-Work Demeanour."
"What?? Chalice?? Chalice means a cup type of thing. How does that matter here?", said Ramesh.
"Just do it", said Harry.
From the largest bag that the friends brought, Peter took out a chalice. Another thing that he took out was a bag of paper. Under was ash. He put the ash in the chalice and inflamed it.
"This fire is the eternal glory of planet Cygnus. I made this. On Earth, there is an unpopularised mythology. It gives us the knowledge of the history of Cygnus. People say it is just a myth but I am proof that this all is a truth. It is known as 'Mesoteph' Mythology. This formula was made by our ancestors."
"What does this exactly do??", Ramesh asked.
"Its pure magic. I'll put your photo in this. At the moment your photo will burn, the flame will be extinguished. If you're eligible for hard-work demeanour, I'll get a feeling that I have retrieved a lost part of mine. If you are made up of any other demeanour or you're not eligible, the flame will be wasted and I don't know how to flame it once more. This was used years ago by our ancestors to retrieve their demeanours."
"Awesome. Take this photo."
Harry's hands were shivering in fear. Ramesh's fingers were crossed. Harry put the photo in the flame. 
The flame extinguished. There was no effect on Harry for a second. After a second, he just fell on his knees. He held his hands tight. And suddenly 'boom'! 
Harry shouted, "He is the right one!! I've got the first demeanour."
"How did you know that??", said Peter.
"You know the feeling that comes when you find your missing thing. I felt that at an extremity. Isn't that wonderful??"
"It is"
After taking a deep sigh, Harry announced, "I, Harry Osborn, proclaim that Ramesh Bhatia of Mumbai, India has been chosen for the demeanour of HARD-WORK. Will this work?"
"What does that mean, sir?", said Ramesh in turmoil.
"You're appointed. Let's find others.", said Harry.
"Thank You, Sir. I'll try my best. I'll bring out the best of my worlds. I cannot understand this. An eighteen-year-old kid has joined the team of the Leader of the United Kingdom. I am a hero made by science and my partner is a superhuman born by mythology. Seems fiction."
"I hoped the same. Well, there are a lot of things here you don't understand kid but you will.", said Harry while he took a sigh. After all, he had found out one the demeanours," Do you need a made-up name for yourself? Like superheroes?"
"Would be Glad."
"Give you tomorrow. Well, I am giving you money. Change your body into Iron"
"Does that mean..."
"It means a new Transmission Electron Microscope."
"Thank You, Sir"

After all, it was determined that Ramesh is a new hero of Leader London's team. The name was to be chosen but that isn't a herculean task to do. 
Ramesh told everything to her mother. She was in guilt that she stopped her son in 2013 lest he should have done it earlier. She was on cloud nine and that was enough for Ramesh. He had seen her mother cheerful after ages.
On the other hand, Harry too was out of his spirits. He thought about some names but they did not suit him at all. He slept for a while but today, those flashbacks' (or dreams that he usually saw) picture quality was much clear. The dream or flashback starred Harry and Oliver who stood somewhere in the Auditorium of Cygnus... The minister there was saying, 
Wishes You Have Three
None of them would be free

Must be Wishes useful
No Boundaries, can be wrathful

If the wish Doesn't profit
Powers won't you fit

Out of the world won't them work
The wish mustn't be a lurk

One chance and you should Agree
Remember, none of 'em would be free

Now your chance, use it as you want
After it, I don't want a taunt

After this rhythmical poem, Oliver standing aside said,

"The cleverest mind should I get

My first wish and I won't make this a bet"


After this, Harry suddenly woke and awoke Peter, too. Very hurriedly, he exclaimed, "Something's that's been hidden. Something that has not been told to me. I am left with no time. It has much significance. Very early tomorrow, we are heading to meet Ramesh"
It was astonishing. Harry had left the hotel to meet Ramesh. Ramesh was still thinking about the Chalice of Demeanours. He had not seen such a compelling thing before.
The pure blend of science and magic was wonderful and the rest of the journey is going to be hilarious.
                 -TO BE CONTINUED

Comments