THE SPIRITS (CH-4; The Conference)

THE SPIRITS And THE DEVASTATING WAR

Chapter-4
The Conference

All of them went ghost-quiet. Just the movement of air was heard as David spoke about the real date. Everyone was stunned.
"Are you sure? It's on 1 January 2019.", exclaimed Harry.
"Yeah. I counted myself. It's a coincidence that Earth and Cygnus have the same gravitational acceleration which affects the speed of time a lot. Because of the same gravitational acceleration, the speed of time is approximately the same. After all of the calculations, I came to the conclusion that it would be the first of January next year. Therefore, we don't have much time left.", David feared.
"Still, I need time to keep myself living.", Ramesh broke in.
"Your life is more important than the whole world?", taunted Harry. 
"Never ever. But if I die, then there stands no chance that you'll defend the attack."
"Yeah. I understand. Well, we're heading to London tomorrow. Pack up. Study your cells there only."
"What about the demeanours?", David asked.
"I have a plan. We will be heading to Sydney, Australia for a conference of the United Nations.", said Harry.
"Why not in London?"
"We will announce the conference in London. Because I'm the head of Army Of the United Kingdom and not Australia.  And also Sydney has been facing some unusual problems and therefore they are requesting Peter to solve their cases. Therefore, I'll ask the United Nations about the conference to be kept next month."
"What you'll announce?"
"That you'll see"
Harry was making a plan inside his mind and his quietness was the reason for the curiosity of his teammates. Ramesh was panic-stricken because of what he observed. A cell that conducts heat and electricity. 
They took a flight to London the next day. Ramesh was so much dissolved in himself that he even did not hear the poofing sounds of the take-offs and landings. 
David understood the grave situation but he was not able to hide his happiness of being a part of Harry's team. Peter was as calm he was always. He had developed a love for solving cases and that was what made him happy. He never believed that he would be ever eligible to go out of the country. He always thought of being a part of the same orphanage but Harry had really changed his life drastically. 
The plane landed and the friends were back to London-Heathrow Airport. With full security, Harry and his friends sat in a taxi. First, they booked a room in a hotel and had a bath to clean themselves. It was astonishing for Ramesh and somewhere he always thanked Rajeev who was unwillingly an integral part of Ramesh's success till now.
The hotel was astoundingly beautiful but it was nothing for Harry and Peter. 
When Harry went in his room for a bath and started showering his body, the pattering sound of the drops of water helped him to come out from the melancholic behaviour he was currently in. 
He came out in informal clothes and his drowsiness made him lie on the bed for some time. He slept soundly. While sleeping, he dreamt of an unknown place which seemed like the palace of Cygnus.
He saw two small boys and the third one was Harry himself. He saw that dream from his perspective. He saw those boys standing on the stage and the whole crowd was greeting them. These boys were given a crown which gave them some pain but superpowers too. The scene was not as much clear though he saw all the colours in the dream. Still, the colours were faded. The clapping sounds echoed as the air stroke in the flight. The dream had no voice but mysteries. The strip of sunlight that came from the window brightened the face Harry saw from his perspective. Idly lounging Harry watches as he struggles for words. The dream breaks as Peter opens the door and the sound of silence got disturbed. Harry came back to the present and saw Peter
"Harry, you were sleeping? Really?", said Peter
"Not exactly. I was unfolding some mysteries.", said Harry while he was yawning.
"What kinda mysteries?"
"Something I also don't know. Leave this topic. Not of much importance. I need you to call the Investigation Committee to hold a press conference tomorrow."
"Fine. Get a night of sleep and unfold your mysteries.", said Peter sarcastically.
Harry did not even try to tell Peter what had happened. Harry had a close relationship with dreams and he never considered them to be 'just dreams'. All his dreams were always related to his past and maybe some hints that destiny wanted him to know. 
That day passed and Ramesh had almost cooled down. He considered those to be a part of a new super activity and handled this situation positively. 
Next Day, all of them went formally to the press conference hall in a Sedan Car and much bigger than Ramesh's expectations. His mother was alone in Dharavi and kept an eye on her television.
Harry started the conference in a deep tone and very seriously.
"I, Harry Osborn, leader of the armies of the United Kingdom, has already informed the world about the grave danger next year. I have been in controversies since my announcement but the majority believed in me as a superhuman. Scientists have been testing me to know where my powers came from but that doesn't matter. Today, I declare that I am not all alone. I have my friends, teammates and of course those Spirits that complete me. I have found others in this world. I have travelled to many places in the last two months. Today, I present you all Ramesh Bhatia from Mumbai as my Hard-worker and Nerve Tacker. I call David Irvin Paul on the stage as my Concentrator and Mendator... I already disclaimed that I need some of the demeanours at the extremity and I have got these. Actually, I am introducing these people to all of you. My real motive is to request the United Nations and the Government of Australia to hold a meeting on 22 August 2019 in Sydney. Australian Government has requested Peter Parker, the head of our Investigation Committee, to solve some of their unusual cases and I, on behalf of Peter Parker, accept those invitations. I want to call this meeting because I want the countries who signed the United Charter to defend the attack that is going to happen next year. That's all! Any questions??"
"What would be the exact date of the attack?", said one of the reporters.
"We are expecting it to be the first of January next year."
"Sir, would we be able to defend the attack?", said another reporter.
"I believe, yes. This is an interdimensional fight and after all, our lives are at stake"
"Do you really believe yourself to be true? If yes, then what is the origin of your powers?", said one another reporter. This reporter asked something that shouldn't have been asked.
"I believe in me and I don't want to answer your question really. I am sorry."
"What is the meaning of Mandator?", asked another one.
"Mendator spelling is 'M-E-N-D-A-T-O-R'. It's not 'A'. This is a mixture of many words. 'M-E' stands for meditation, 'N' stands for Not, 'D-A-T' for a date. This means that meditation cannot be done in just one day. One who does this is Mendator. Apart from this, I order to call off this press conference here and if any questions, ask me on Social Media." Harry stood from his seat and went arrogantly. He was very tensed and David was almost satisfied with his 'made-up' name.
Peter thought that Harry had completely botched this situation up. Now Harry was in controversies again because of his rough behaviour. No one understood why did Harry behave like he did. It contrasted from his real behaviour.


-To Be Continued

Comments