Sometimes It’s Just Enough To Ask Why || Poetry

Sometimes It’s Just Enough To Ask Why



(Think about a scenario where you are just lying on a couch, thinking of what is really going on around yourself. You might end up asking yourself so many weird questions that sometimes cease to even exist. A small part of what those questions would really look like— )




Why am I still alive; alive in this cruel incarnation?

Was there a reason for me being left; a hero being created in his own story?

If this is the survival of the fittest, a dog eats a dog world;

If wisdom is what leads to this, come on tell me what went wrong?


Why am I still envisioning?

Was there a reason behind this picturesque dream of mine?

If I have really sold my soul, just to long for that scenery 

So tell me what is left for me in these last few bones?


Why am I still reassessing my outlook?

Was a tingle still left there in the core?

If really fighting is what takes me to valhalla,

So tell me why am I afraid of that result?


Why am I still moving forward?

Was there even a destination to it?

If it really ends, I suspect it just goes to heaven or hell

So tell me, what makes me do all this; just a mere to fulfil my fantasies?


Why am I even trying to end this path?

Was the road too beautiful to think like this?

If it really was, then what made my dependence cry in that stormy night?

So tell me, do you feel the same as me, the pain being more beautiful than the path itself?


Reminds me, why can’t I recall my past self?

Was my mind too busy or didn’t it just want to?

If the reason for this plummets me down, so down to crash…

So tell me, why is this still stuck in my head, even after knowing what’s in the bucket for me?


Why am I still writing this, I doubt

Was there even a slightest glimmer of light in that dark?

If this is what my soul says, I doubt, to whom I do?

So tell me if it is a scream or a prayer, sent for you or me?



(A rather different and a darker poem from my side. Even marks this as my third free verse ever… Would really like to hear your thoughts in the comments! Enjoy Reading!)

-Abhinav Srivastava 

Comments

Post a Comment